Founder and Chair
A Message From Naomi Tsur
I am delighted to introduce you to the Jerusalem Green Fund (JGF), and to invite you to learn more about our goals, activities and partners.
The Jerusalem Green Fund plays a much-needed role in sustainability, by investing both human and financial capital in community initiatives, with the goal of making Jerusalem a cleaner, greener and healthier city for all its residents. The founding members who joined me in the process of creating the JGF all agreed that the greening of our city and the responsibility for its sustainable development are issues of tantamount importance for Jerusalem. These endeavors will be advanced through both the civic engagement and financial commitment of our members and supporters from Jerusalem and around the world.
We propose that by setting green goals for Jerusalem, we can address the core challenges faced by the poorer neighborhoods and help to strengthen our city.
The members of the JGF are known as “Jerusalem Stakeholders”, and their membership contribution provide the financial base of the fund. They not only contribute their annual membership, but also play an active role by engaging with the environmental challenges of Jerusalem and directing the fund’s resources to address them.
I invite Jerusalem residents and lovers of Jerusalem around the world to join this exciting and innovative process, by becoming “Jerusalem Stakeholders”.
The Jerusalem Green Fund promotes environmental, social, and economic sustainability in and around Jerusalem through the support of grassroots community initiatives, working with Jerusalem's diverse communities, and reaching out to lovers of Jerusalem around the world.
Jerusalem Stakeholders, the core membership of the JGF, constitute both the human and the financial capital of the organization. The Jerusalem Stakeholders foster public accountability through their financial commitment and civic engagement, both fundamental to the effort of transforming Jerusalem so that residents and visitors alike can take pride in the beauty and holiness of our city.
Goals & Objectives
1. Fund-raise for and support projects mainly in the Jerusalem region that advance social, environmental and economic sustainability; and those that promote awareness of the value of sustainable development.
2. Advance environmental awareness and responsibility; conservation and integration of natural resources in דustainable development; and generate respect for the environment.
3. Encourage and support businesses, organizations and institutions in the integration of policies that
demonstrate environmental and social responsibility.
4. Initiate and encourage interfaith dialogue and cooperation in the work of the JGF throughout the Jerusalem region and in other communities, cities, and countries.
5. Initiate and produce conferences, seminars, workshops and lectures to promote environmental, social and economic responsibility and accountability.
6. Compile, publish, and disseminate written and multimedia materials that advance the goals and projects supported by the JGF.
7. Pursue educational, civil, and legal avenues in support of the goals of the JGF.
8. Establish contact and work with individuals and institutions worldwide in pursuit of the goals of the JGF.